Join Our Team
We are fully hired for the 20-21 school year. We will post new full-time opportunities as they become available.
To support community outreach during summer 2021, we are hiring for flexible Community Canvassing roles. These roles will lead socially distanced canvassing over the summer. Click here to learn more and apply.
Help Us Find Great Teammates - Earn a $500 Referral Bonus
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must list your full name in the “Referred By” box on our application.
- The applicant must be hired and complete 90 days of continuous employment.
- Referrals made verbally, through email, through phone contact, or through any other means will not qualify for the bonus.
- We are founders. Every team member contributes to the growth of a new learning community. To provide opportunities for early engagement, team members can begin working a few hours a month as a planning consultant as early as January 2019.
- Relationships are at the center of our work. Academic success is only part of the equation. To be truly successful, students – and team members – need authentic connection with one another, their individual identities, and their deepest values. We use Restorative Practices and engage together in daily Social and Emotional learning to build the relationships that sustain us.
- We build strong teams. We know that students are best served by strong teacher teams, not just loosely connected classrooms. Girls Prep places teachers in the grade and content area that best meets students’ needs and ensures the team’s success. Teachers may also loop to the next grade level to support sustained student growth. Placement decisions are made with team input.
- We focus on deep mastery of STEAM and literacy. All staff engage in professional learning grounded in standards-based, vertically aligned curricula. This approach supports long-term mastery of rigorous conceptual knowledge, procedural skills and fluency, and the ability to apply them in novel contexts.
- We are all learners. Our team’s growth is the most important predictor of our students’ growth. We engage in nearly thirty days of development annually, not including weekly development, instructional coaching, and peer collaboration. We are looking for teammates who have the courage to take risks, make mistakes, and grow.
We're building a team committed to shared values of Community, Growth, and Freedom.
Here's what we're looking for in our interview process:
- Equity is at your core. You bring a lifelong commitment to directly challenging inequities caused by racism, sexism, and other forms of oppression.
- You want to help young women discover their voice. You know the power for young women in developing a strong, positive self-concept and equally strong academic knowledge and skills. You can provide the supports for young women to serve as leaders for Kansas City and beyond.
- You’re a learner. You leave your ego at the door and embody the incredibly steep growth curve we seek for every member of our community.
- You’re an influencer. You hold extremely high expectations of yourself and your teammates. You communicate those expectations in a direct, caring, and motivating way. You engage teammates with humility and an unwavering, high bar of expectations
- You’re an entrepreneur. You bring the energy, adaptability, and results-focus necessary to thrive in a startup.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The interview process consists of:
- Online application. Resume, brief survey, two 250-word max written responses.
- Phone interview. Traditional interview format. 45 minutes.
- Take-home performance task. Varies by role.
- In-Person Interview. Varies by role. Includes a demo lesson or similar delivery of the performance task from the prior step.
- Reference checks. Three minimum, including a current or former supervisor.